Stec Records Forum

Tools to make music

News: Note that we check all new user requests for spam violations. If you believe you have been rejected unfairly please contact us and we will attempt to resolve it with you. - Stecrew

Problems creating a ROM for the MPX G2 (Read 21065 times)

• Administrator
  • bob
  • Time reveals truth.
    • Bob Sellon's Home Page
Hello Bob!

Thank´s for your fast answer.
I used the original chip V1.0 and erased it. Then I reprogrammed it with the binary file.
The location is clear for me since I have experience in working with ROM´s.

BR  \Haze

• Administrator
  • bob
  • Time reveals truth.
    • Bob Sellon's Home Page
Hi Haze,
It sounds to me like you did everything correctly. The image we have posted is a simple binary image so no translation is needed.

First, I'd try putting the original ROM back in and make sure the G2 still works. If it works ok with the original ROM but not yours, double check to be sure you are orienting the chip the right way; make sure the groove is at the same end of the part as the original (not backwards)

Another thing to check is the speed of the part. That's the number at the end of the part number. The parts we have been using are 90ns (nano second) parts: AM29F040-90PC. I just updated the broken link to datasheet on the MPX G2 Parts page: http://www.stecrecords.com/index.php?RecordId=512. If the checksum is correct but the speed is not 90ns, that might be your problem. See if you can find a 90ns part and try again.

Bob

• Administrator
  • bob
  • Time reveals truth.
    • Bob Sellon's Home Page
#1 Problems creating a ROM for the MPX G2
June 10, 2010, 11:11:18 AM
From Haze -
Hi! Today I tried to upgrade my Lexicon MPX G2 unit to ver 1.1 using the binary image that you kindly leting us download on your site. I used a quite advanced burner for the job. I selected the chip-type AMD 29F040B and downloded the binary file from PC to burner RAM. After Erase of ROM, I burned the binary into ROM. I checked file checksum and compared with ROM checksum and it matched. After test of the upgraded ROM with my Lexicon unit I understand that the programming was unsuccessful, the unit failed to start. When i loaded the binary file into programmer RAM I got a question about progam/translate algoritm and I selected \"binary\" but there were a bunch of alternatives. Should I have been using another type of algoritm? Can you please give me a hint about what the problem could be? Thanks in advance! Best regards \\Haze - Sweden