Stec Records Forum

Tools to make music

News: Note that we check all new user requests for spam violations. If you believe you have been rejected unfairly please contact us and we will attempt to resolve it with you. - Stecrew

Lake Butler Mitigator (Read 3746 times)

• Administrator
  • bob
  • Time reveals truth.
    • Bob Sellon's Home Page
#2 Re: Lake Butler Mitigator
January 14, 2011, 10:03:23 PM
Hi Patrick,
We don't actually have a Mitigator at Stec Records but you can find the user's guide on
our page for it :

I don't recall support for a powered midi cable but they made them for a few years so it's possible that they did at one point.  I'm pretty sure it gets power from an external power supply (wall wart, etc..).  These also get modified all the time so it wouldn't surprise me to see a powered-cable-mod for the Mitigator out there.

The Voodoo Lab GCX supports midi so the Mitigator can control it.  Most of the meat and potatoes things that people do with midi can be done with the Mitigator including program changes, controllers and sysex.  Even more advanced stuff such as Show Control (lighting) can probably be handled, though the set up would take some time and skill but the Mitigator is perfect for controlling devices like the GCX.

Bob

• Administrator
  • bob
  • Time reveals truth.
    • Bob Sellon's Home Page
#1 Lake Butler Mitigator
January 14, 2011, 09:53:30 PM
I have a question regarding the Lake Butler Mitigator. What type of cable is used to power the unit? Will it work with a powered midi cable? Would you know if it can be used in conjunction with a switching system such a a GCX guitar switcher? Thank you. -Patrick